You’ve booked your session… the next question is how can you personalize your boudoir shoot?
What should you bring with you? That is the million dollar question. We understand, planning your boudoir shoot can be intimidating. We can’t tell you how many posts we have seen on our VIP FB Page calling for suggestions on what to wear to a session, how to do a certain makeup look etc. Undoubtedly, one of our most popular topics is that of the use of props during their session.
Firstly, this shoot is to showcase YOU. If you are wondering specifically if you should wear your glasses then this post is for you. However, if there is something that is a part of you then we encourage you to bring it. Our goal is to make your photographs as unique as you are. It never hurts to bring some of your own props to the session. Just remember that it needs to make sense. For example, don’t bring a bottle of wine if wine isn’t your thing! It will not look natural and you may feel a bit preoccupied. Now if you enjoy a glass (or bottle) of vino from time to time then bring it! Props are a great way to spice up your photographs and add some visual variety.
Here are 10 ideas of props that some of our clients have brought with them to personalize their boudoir session. We want your pics POP, these might help.
1. Something that belongs to, or reminds you of, your significant other
2. Something that shows your hobby or current obsession
3. Something that genuinely makes you happy!
4. Books! If you’re an avid reader, this is for you. Maybe it’s your favorite book or a shelf’s worth of your favorite books… if you love reading, this might be for you!
Or maybe just your absolute favorite book?
5. Your everyday “uniform” like one with a cowboy hat and boots, but make it sexy.
6. Bring your instrument. If your instrument is like an extension of you then why not get a photograph together. This also helps if you are experiencing nerves as it may comfort you.
7. Flowers always add a little extra something and give an ethereal feel to the photographs. The added texture is a nice surprise for the eye.
8. Your art supplies / artwork.
We love this idea! Be proud of your art piece and show it off like no one has ever done before!
9. A memento from your wedding.
Whether you are gifting the photos as a day of gift or an anniversary one… we guarantee you, your partner will never look back on the wedding the same way again!
10. A Pop of Color! When in doubt, bring some color. It might feel weird or out of character, but color adds a layer of fun to a photograph.
Whether you bring props or not, it is completely up to you. They are, by no means, a requirement. Our focus is on you, we love to see your personality, if you want to bring something that is uniquely your personality… do it!! With or without the props, we look forward to photographing you and giving you the most amazing boudoir experience.
If you are ready to book your experience with All Things Boudoir, click here.